Monday, February 20, 2012

My Own Sinking Ship

"What will be your story now
Today its something far inside
Hurts your body close your eyes
And I'll bring you back to here"



Braces, almost a rite of passage in our culture.  Yet they have stirred up intense feelings of parental guilt inside of me.  My poor baby that isn't a baby anymore.  He'll always be my baby though.  Just another hurdle he will have to overcome.  As if having vision problems ..dealing with the surgeries and the constant nagging from your mother about your eyes weren't enough.  He'll now be dealing with complicated orthodontic woes...and constant nagging from his mother about his teeth.  Silly me, he's lucky to have his sight and that he is able to get his teeth fixed.  Even knowing all of this, it doesn't lessen the guilt.  Guilt that he has to deal with these problems and there are kids that don't...my baby does.  He's resilient, nothing get's him down.  I could learn a thing or two from him.





No comments:

Post a Comment