Monday, July 16, 2012

Life Is A Highway

This morning, as I was watching Extreme Makeover: Weight Loss Edition...on my treadmill (always on the treadmill) the girl going through the transformation said something so very profound to me in relation to her weight gain/loss process.  It really stuck with me.  She said, " If you are on the interstate and you miss your exit you don't just keep going, you get off and make a U-turn."  I could not stop thinking about it.  Heck, I  still can't...I really love it.  Last summer, I got off the interstate and made my U-turn.  I am still in disbelief sometimes that I have achieved so much in what seems like such a short period of time.  That I have transformed, not just physically but mentally as well.  Although....it is nice to see that I can do the physical things too!  It's very very nice to be strong!!  It's also very very nice to wear a size 10 and a size M when last summer I was in  a 2xl.  From 232 to 152 is a huge difference in body mass.  I'm still working on it.  I take in as many classes as time and my children allow me.  I will admit, I am looking forward to them going back to school so that I can hit the gym for longer periods of time and not worry about them fighting at home.  I've also made an appointment for a consultation with a plastic surgeon to DISCUSS a tummy tuck.  I have many questions to be answered before I do anything.  But, I was obese for many years..and carried four kids...so this tummy needs some tucking.  We'll see.... All in all, things are going great.  I could not be happier that I made that U-turn.

After THE BEST workout yesterday.  My 10th for the week!

3 comments:

  1. That is a great quote, and many congratulations to you! I can't imagine how difficult it would be to lose that weight, but you're clearly awesome and an inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's my first time visiting your blog and I am so impressed and inspired by this post. Raising four kids and accomplishing what you have in one year is amazing. Keep it up, good for you, rah rah rah! I'm adding you to my blog reader so I can follow your story :)

    ReplyDelete